The Red Ribbon Award is given to a Level 3 High School or Post Secondary student currently attending a recognized educational facility in Western NL, who has shown a commitment to AIDS Awareness by participating and promoting AIDS education activities within their community or have been a volunteer board member of the AIDS Committee of Western Newfoundland for a minimum term of one year.
Criteria for the Red Ribbon Award ($150)
- Level 3 or Post Secondary student currently attending a recognized educational facility in Western NL.
- Involvement in and promotion of AIDS awareness and education activities within your community.
- Submission of an essay on the importance of AIDS promotion and what you have done on an individual level to contribute to the continued promotion and awareness of AIDS in the community.
- A letter of support from school officials or sponsoring organization verifying your activities.
- Optional: To become a board member of the AIDS Committee of Western Newfoundland for a minimum term of one year.
Deadline for applications is March 31 of each year, unless otherwise stated. Entries can be submitted to : firstname.lastname@example.org ,
Past Award Recipients
2013- Sarah Beth Mercier Corner Brook
2012 - Amanda Oake Corner Brook and Maria Kennedy Norris Point
2011 – Amanda Oake Corner Brook
2010 - Vincent kennedy Norris Point and Ryan McDonald Deer Lake
2009 – Kathryn Brett Corner Brook